Using your plan for continued learning, use the Discussion Board space to share some of the methods you will use for life-long learning related to maintaining an evidence-based practice as a nurse practitioner. You may want to explore conferences and journals to share with colleagues. No scholarly references need to be integrated. Engage in a professional and supportive conversation.
|Scholarly||15||30%||· The student actively stimulates and sustains inquiry by making reflective insightful comments, asking thoughtful questions and/or engaging in a scholarly discussion.
· The student expresses a clear idea of the topic under discussion and sustains inquiry in order to explore relevant issues.
· The student recognizes values or values conflict as things that form the assumption basis of arguments and recognizes when it is important to acknowledge these values.
· The student recognizes the accuracy, logic, relevance, or clarity of statements.
· The student asks clarifying questions and knows when clarifying questions need to be asked.
· The student distinguishes fact from opinion.
|Application||15||30%||· All components of discussion prompt addressed (met) in initial posting. The student’s writing conveys an understanding of significant ideas relevant to the issue under discussion. This is indicated by integration of course and weekly objectives, as well as readings from text and articles.
· All posts should make correct use of terminology, precise selection of the pieces of information required to make a point, correct and appropriate use of examples and counterexamples, demonstrations of which distinctions are important to make, and explanations that are concise and to the point.
· Information and knowledge are accurate.
· The student elaborates statements with accurate explanations, reasons, or evidence from the course and/or weekly objectives.
· All postings integrate scholarly sources to support points consistently.
|Interactive Dialogue||10||20%||· Responds to ideas in a way that advances discussion with depth, rigor, and application.
· Interacts with a professional tone and is able to express opinions with ownership and without judgement.
· Chooses to include professional experience to the discussion board mindful of appropriateness and boundaries. Experience is integrated as it supports the discussion board topic and utilizes scholarly references to support overall topic.