- Your project should be a presentation that details the entire process: your chosen topic, the teaching style you used, and an evaluation of your actual teaching.
- The presentation is 15- to 20-slide and a minimum of 20 minutes in duration using the Kaltura tool in Blackboard.
- It includes audio and speaker notes, a video capture of yourself delivering the presentation with an integrated PowerPoint, or full video of your actual teaching experience and a separate reflective video.
- You may also incorporate still images of your teaching sessions into your presentation if you do not capture video as evidence of your teaching.
- You should have APA formatted in-text citations within your slides for any outside sources used and your final slide should be a reference slide that lists all resources used for the assignment.
Items to Include in Presentation:
- Provide a comprehensive statement of the problem using the epidemiological process including the distribution, determinants, and deterrents.
- Incorporate at least four current literature review findings as a theoretical base for your project/paper.
- Describe community resources available to meet the need of the specific community in this problem area. Summarize the resources available and describe their effectiveness for the community.
- Describe your selected group. Identify and summarize the learner needs of your selected group. What are the needs? Why does this group need to be educated on your chosen topic?
- Identify and describe developmental and teaching/learning theory/theories used and why they are appropriate to the learners you targeted.
- Describe in behavioral terms your specific planning process for your project and overall teaching goal for your participants.
- Evaluate your teaching experience. Reflect on the following questions. What went well? What did not? What would you change if you were teaching this topic to a similar group at a later date and why?
a. You have identified what you need to teach based on assessing your learners (Have slides explaining the determinants)
b. You can identify a teaching goal and 1 or 2 learning objectives for the teaching session (have 1 or 2 slides on this)
c. You are able to describe your audience (demographics) Make a slide on this!
d. You have located 4 journal articles/references to support your topic (have a slide describing each one)
e. You have a learning and developmental theory that best fits your topic and audience. (Make a slide about each)
f. You have delivered your teaching presentation to your audience