PLANNING HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAMS: NEEDS ASSESSMENT
Please describe in your own words:
- What is a needs assessment?
- What steps are involved in conducting a needs assessment?
- What aspects of a needs assessment are important to its success?
- Why do public health planners need to conduct a needs assessment before embarking on any health promotion program/intervention?
- Briefly describe the 5 phases in the PRECEDE-PROCEED model.
Please make sure that all assignment questions are specifically answered, that your answers are clear, and your paper is well organized. It is important that you analyze the information and provide enough depth, while paying attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Please make your response 2-3 pages long.
Your assignment will not be graded until you have submitted an Originality Report with a Similarity Index (SI) score <15% (excluding direct quotes, quoted assignment instructions, and references). Papers not meeting this requirement by the end of the session will receive a score of 0 (grade of F). Papers with a lower SI score may be returned for revisions. For example, if one paragraph accounting for only 10% of a paper is cut and pasted, the paper could be returned for revision, despite the low SI score. Please use the report and your SI score as a guide to improve the originality of your work.
The Community Toolbox-University of Kansas. Retrieved from http://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/assessment/assessing-community-needs-and-resources
Assessing Needs [PowerPoint presentation]. (n.d.). PowerPoint presentation about Assessing Needs,including primary and secondary data collection.