Discuss the nurse’s role in the policy development model.Additionally, talk about the policy meeting you have attended or will be attending. What key points could a nurse bring to this meeting and subject?
Bottom of Form
Week 2 Discussion Prompt 1
Top of Form
Total views: 31 (Your views: 1)
Evaluate and discuss clinical and business solutions for hospital improvement. Include in your discussion improvement of outcomes, reduction in costs, optimization of payment, and improvement in the overall patient experience.
Bottom of Form
Week 2 View or Attend Public Policy Meeting
Position Paper Written Assignment
A position paper is a document you could present to a legislator to seek support for an issue you endorse. Present your position on a current health-care issue in a one-page paper, following the assignment guidelines below. You can select your issue topic from newspapers, national news magazine articles, professional journals, or professional association literature; and this can be the topic you choose for your ethical issues debate.
Your position paper should:
· Be quickly and easily understood.
· Be succinct and clear.
· Appear very professional with the legislator’s name and title on top and your name and your credentials at the bottom.
· Condense essential information in one, single-spaced page, excluding the title and reference list pages.
· Be written using correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, and APA format.
· Clearly describe the issue that you are addressing in the opening paragraph.
· Include 3–4 bullet points regarding why you are seeking the legislator’s vote, support, or opposition. Bullet points should be clear and concise but not repetitive and should reflect current literature that substantiates your position.
· Summarize the implications for the nursing profession and/or patients.
· Conclude with two recommendations that you wish to see happen related to your issue, such as a vote for or against, a change in policy, or the introduction of new legislation.
· Use APA format (6th ed.), correct grammar, and references as appropriate.
The literature you cite must be from peer-reviewed journals and primary source information. You may use this paper as preliminary research for your ethical issues debate project that occurs in weeks 4-7.
Due Sunday reply to 2 students in discussion
Top of Form
Total views: 13 (Your views: 1)
Apply the framework of The Five R’s approach to ethical nursing practice from this week’s reading to answer the questions about values and choices.
What are values?
Q. What are your personal values?
Q. Why do you value them?
Q. What are the values in your society?
Q. How do you make choices?
Q. Are your choices based on your values?
Q. What values are useful in society?
What are the limits to personal choice?
Q. Who limits your choices?
Q. Are limits to choices good?
Q. Do you limit other people’s choices?
Q. Should the health care organization or the government limit people’s choices? If so, how, and under what circumstances?
In your responses to peers, feel free to agree, disagree, question, compare, and discuss each other’s responses in a way that fosters thoughtful and respectful dialog. You may also address the following: Did any responses surprise you? If so, how? Did reading your peers’ responses to the questions expand your own view of ways to answer questions?
Finally, consider this: A common idea in health care is that if you are drawn to health care as a profession, you are inherently guided by an inner compass that is composed of a strong moral framework. Why is this a dangerous assumption?