The SLP assignment for this course will entail becoming familiar with Healthy People initiative. To the end, you will be asked to view a series of videos presenting the key components of Healthy People 2020, illustrating how these are being implemented, noting data sources available to monitor progress toward achievement of Healthy People goals objectives, and recommending strategies for incorporating Healthy People into the work we do as health educators.
View ( https://vimeopro.com/aptrmodules/phlm/video/75420729) the first of these videos. After watching the video, address the following questions:
- What is Healthy People 2020?
- Where can one go to obtain information on this initiative? [Hint: The video mentions the relevant web site.]
- What are the “Leading Health Indicators?” Where can information on these be found?
- Identify three of these that are of greatest interest to you.
- Choose the one that concerns you most.
- What are the goals and objectives associated with this indicator?
SLP Assignment Expectations
Length: 2-3 pages
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the performance assessment rubric. You can view it under Assessments at the top of the page. Review it before you begin working on the assignment. Your work should also follow these Assignment Expectations.