Continue on with building your final application due in week 10. You will submit one cogent paper that combines the previous two applications (Parts One and Two) from weeks 4 and 7, plus the new material mentioned in the week 8 application
Application: Developing a Health Advocacy Campaign
To be an effective advocate and to develop a successful health advocacy campaign, you must have a clear idea of the goals of your campaign program and be able to communicate those goals to others. In addition, it is the nature of nurses to want to help, but it is important to make sure that the vision you develop is manageable in size and scope. By researching what others have done, you will better appreciate what can realistically be accomplished. It is also wise to determine if others have similar goals and to work with these people to form strategic partnerships. If you begin your planning with a strong idea of your resources, assets, and capabilities, you will be much more likely to succeed and truly make a difference with those you hope to help.
You will develop a 10- to 12-page paper that outlines a health advocacy campaign designed to promote policies to improve the health of a population of your choice. This week, you will establish the framework for your campaign by identifying a population health concern of interest to you. You will then provide an overview of how you would approach advocating for this issue.
-In Week 9, you will consider legal and regulatory factors that have an impact on the issue and finally, in Week 10, you will identify ethical concerns that you could face as an advocate. Specific details for each aspect of this paper are provided each week.
This paper will serve as the Portfolio Application for the course.
Before you begin, review the complete Assignment.
This week, begin developing your health advocacy campaign by focusing on the following:
Week 10 Application
To prepare for this final portion of your paper:
· Review provisions 7, 8, and 9 of the ANA Code of Ethics in relation to advocacy for population health.
· Reflect on the ethical considerations you may need to take into account in your advocacy campaign.
· Research the ethical considerations and lobbying laws relevant to the location where your advocacy campaign will occur.
· Consider potential ethical dilemmas you might face in your campaign.
To complete: Revise and combine parts one and two of you previous papers and add the following:
· Explain any ethical dilemmas that could arise during your advocacy campaign, and how you would resolve them.
· Describe the ethics and lobbying laws that are applicable to your advocacy campaign.
· Evaluate the special ethical challenges that are unique to the population you are addressing.
· Provide a cohesive summary for your paper.
Reminder: You will submit one cogent paper that combines the previous applications (Parts One and Two) plus the new material.
Your paper should be about 10 pages of content, not including the title page and references. Be sure to paste the rubric at the end of your paper.